1. I got my second fix! Unfortunately, it was not nearly as successful as the first. The main issue this time around was the “fit” of everything– either too big or too small. I took pictures of the two items I could actually fit into, but then accidentally deleted all but one of the photos. #bloggerfail The blue skirt was cute but just a bit too long and too big for my short frame. I thought the polka dots were really fun though.
2. I found this really interesting article about Time Magazine and its choice of covers depending on its market. I try to be a well-read citizen who remains fairly up to date on current events. But is the mainstream media dumbing me down?
3. I’m normally a SYTYCD (So You Think You Can Dance) fiend, but I had such a hard time getting into this season. All of the girls looked alike to me. I liked the big teddy bear looking tapper, but the fact that I can’t remember his name is not a good sign. Anyone else? What was I missing?
4. Heading to Albany this weekend. We’re throwing my in-laws a SURPRISE anniversary party. We can’t get there until 530pm and the surprise is supposed to be at 7. We’re in charge of food and drinks and decorations. Talk about cutting it close. I’m also not convinced my in-laws don’t know what we’re up to. Anyway, if they are still in the dark, it’s a good thing they don’t read this blog! ;) Wish us luck!
And since I’ve been linking up with Jenni for Blogtemer, today’s prompt is: A story about a time you were very afraid.
5. So when was I afraid? How about right now! I’m afraid that I’ll never have a great StitchFix style like my first fix ever again. That SYTYCD is on it’s way out. And that the surprise party will be a disaster and the surprise itself will be ruined. #firstworldproblems
Have a great weekend!
ONE: I got my first Fix!! What is Stitch Fix? It’s your own personal stylist sent right to your door. It’s $20 to sign-up, but you’ll get that back if you purchase even one item. Other than that, the cost is just the cost of the item(s) you keep! You fill out a style-questionnaire, some little Fashion Angel picks out some clothes for you, and then mails them (via FedEx) right to your door. I LOVED it. I’ve always wanted a personal stylist and now I have one. A really good one at that. Every. single. item. is something I would have picked out for myself. Not all of them were keepers this time, but I can’t wait for my next Fix! Before we get too much further, I need to apologize for the poor quality iphone photos. I’ll practice my self-photoshoots for next time!
TWO: A stylist AND style guides. You get everything in a nice box. One of my favorite parts was that all the clothes items came with outfit suggestions.
THREE: My first “outfit” was this white cardigan (which I paired with a simple black cami) and this beautiful turquoise bubble necklace. I loved both of them a lot–so much that I actually already had a cardigan very similar to this one but in gray. I loved the bubble necklace too, but since summer is ending, I was on the fence about it. FOUR: The next Fix were these Kenzie jeans and the striped sweater. The Kenzie jeans were SO comfortable. Unfortunately, I’ve already got a pair of dark skinnies, so it didn’t make sense to keep these. The striped sweater was a nice summer to fall transition piece, but it was a little small and too much of a crop top for my liking. What do you think? FIVE: Horizontal stripes are always a scary thing, but I love me a good maxi dress, so I tried to keep an open mind. The black sides were actually quite slimming. The front hugs my tummy/belly/pooch a little more than I’d like, but when the hubs walked in and said he loved the dress, I decided that insecurity didn’t matter so much. The price, on the other hand, did. I really did love everything in this Fix. My stylist did a great job and seems to really get my style already. When I was trying the clothes on, I didn’t look at price until the end so that my decision would be based on fit, comfort, and appeal. This time around I decided to keep the dress (though you don’t have to keep anything). The hub’s face when he saw me in this made the purchase more than worth it. And now I have something to wear for the wedding we’re headed to this weekend! All the other items, I sent back in a pre-packaged bag via USPS. So easy, so fun. Thank you Fashion Angel! Go get YOUR Fix on!
Linking up with 5 on Friday AND Fresh-Face Friday!